- This is more technical than the guides above
- This may require a free membership login and password...
- Dynamic HTML in Communicator also from the Netscape Developer's Library
- Essential reference for working with layers, etc.
- Microsoft's JScript Resources
- Ok, the wall's beginning to crack and I'm looking some at JScript as well... Microsoft does a good job, imho, of providing learning resources for JScript...
- A great collection of resources, scripts, email newsletters and links...
- Scripts, articles, tutorials, and chat!
- Features an articles, tutorials, a script library, faqs and more!
- One of the most extensive I've seen-- check it out for yourself!
- Looks like another good tutorial...
- A nice introductory tutorial, one of the best I've seen yet.
- A relatively new find, but it is nicely done with lots of good information.
- 20 Lessons with space to experiment on-line!
- A collection of 30 coding tips with complete source code, working examples, and commentary.
- Covers On-The-Fly HTML; Using Cookies; Plug-Ins Detection; LiveConnect
- A collection of guides, tutorials, and scripts.
- Carlos's Forms Tutorial
- Huge collection of various scripts...
- A nice collection of small useful scripts you can study and work with.
- Well organized collection of useful scripts. Source code is easy viewed.
- A nice collection of examples. Check out the hangman page
- The table of contents is online at the above URL -- I've browsed a colleagues's copy and it looks to be VERY useful (although the current version is based on Navigator 3). As she says, it does not assume a lot of prior understanding, so it is particularly useful for those with a limited background. IMHO it presents a nice balance between breaking things down and keeping things useable... So much depends on learning styles-- it does not seem to be a step-by-step project approach if you like that kind of thing, but rather it contains lots of illustrative examples you can learn from and adapt. And it comes with a CD Rom that is supposed to be compatible with PCs, Macs, and Unix -- not too common for JS Book CDs in my experience.
- Netscape's Discussion Group
- Very nicely organized and extensive!
Use in Langauge Learning
- "Creating Language Interactivity on the Web" A Workshop by Juan Ramón de Arana
- A very nice tutorial prepared in November 1997 for a presentation at Colby College.
- "VCU's Language Interactive"
- Interactive Learning through the World Wide Web
- Robert Godwin-Jones' Calico 96 presentation with additional links at the end
- George Mitrevski's Knowledge Design Instructional Resources
- for Windows 95.
- An excellent and extensive list of resources of many kinds from Netscape DevEdge (may require a free member login and password).
- The Web Review Dynamic HTML page
- Web Review's list of articles related to DHTML -- including a series about DreamWeaver.
- Builder.com Columns
- Columns on scripting by Charity Khan -- includes links to tools that generate various scripts...
- (very technical)
- Beta 1 (expires September 15)
- (currently Windows 95 & NT only)
developed by Michael Lindeman and Douglas Mills
Questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org